Worlington Village Hall Terms and Conditions of Hire We ask that you read and understand these Terms and Conditions of hire before making your booking.
Please also refer to the Booking Terms
1. All Users must act with courtesy to the Worlington Community.
2. Hirers and organisers of events in the Village Hall are responsible for ensuring that the noise level of their functions is such that it does not interfere with, nor causes inconvenience for the occupiers of nearby houses and property.
3. The Hirer and group leaders must familiarise themselves with the fire safety procedures on arrival at the Village Hall premises.
4. No group should exceed the numbers as laid down by the Fire Officer/Licensing Authority which is 80 people. This number must NOT be exceeded.
5. The Hirer is responsible for First Aid, Fire Safety, including evacuation to designated areas, and the security of the premises
6. In case of fire or other major emergency at the Village Hall, contact the relevant emergency services on 999.
7.8. No smoking is allowed in any part of the Village Hall.
9. Bringing Fireworks into, or the ignition of Fireworks in the Village Hall or grounds, is expressly forbidden.
10. Candles or other naked flame sources must not be used in the Village Hall.
11. Hirers must comply with any instruction of the Worlington Parish Council relating to the security, maintenance, good order and health and safety of the Village Hall. All accidents must be recorded in the Accident Book, which will be held in the kitchen area with the First Aid Box and Fire Blanket. If necessary call for emergency medical assistance.
12. Hirers/Users must not, without the consent of the Worlington Parish Council, introduce equipment, alter fixed installations, alter or remove fire and safety equipment, or otherwise take any action which may create a hazard for persons using the Village Hall or grounds.
13. Any spillages on floors must be cleaned up immediately.
14. Working at height is forbidden. This includes using a stepladder, ladder or similar equipment.
15. It is the Hirers/Users responsibility to ensure that all equipment brought into the premises meets current safety regulations. Any electrical equipment brought onto the Hall premises by the Hirer, or on behalf of the Hirer (i.e. Music players, Disco equipment, Etc.) must be P.A.T Certified. The Worlington Parish Council cannot be held responsible for any accident that involves any equipment the Hirer/User or his/her agent has brought onto the premises. The Hirer/User must advise the Caretaker at the time of booking of any equipment he/she or their agent intends to bring onto the premises.
16. No signage or posters are to be erected internally or external to the building. Only internal decorations approved by the prior consent of the Worlington Parish Council may be used in conjunction with totally non-damaging fixings e.g. White Tac
17. The Worlington Parish Council reserve the right to refuse to hire, or may cancel with or without notice any agreed hire, if in their opinion, such use could be detrimental to the fabric of the building or its fixtures, fittings and contents or be contrary to the principles of use for which the premises is intended.
18. The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the Hiring Agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof nor allow the consumption of alcohol thereon without written permission.
19. The sale of Alcoholic drinks requires a licence. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to have the necessary licence for the sale of alcohol in the Worlington Village Hall. This will normally be obtained by the Bar licensee. The Worlington Parish Council reserves the right to approve the licence holder. A copy of the licence must be given to a representative of the Worlington Parish Council before the keys are handed over. Strictly no licence, no let. It is the Hirers responsibility to ensure that the Licencing Conditions as required by Law are met.
20. The Village Hall has a Premises Licence. Permitted activities associated with this licence are detailed at the end of these Terms & Conditions. An activity not stated in these Terms and Conditions may require a Temporary Events Notice (TEN). The hirer shall obtain the written consent of the Worlington Parish Council before any (TEN) is applied for. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the hiring without compensation.
21. The Hirers shall not do, or permit, nor suffer to be done on the premises or within the curtilage of its boundaries including the car park, paths and surrounds anything which may invalidate the insurance of the premises or increase the premium of such insurance and/or which may cause a noise or be of annoyance to the general public or occupiers of surrounding properties.
22. All use of the Village Hall premises and facilities is subject to the users accepting responsibility, for returning furniture and equipment to their original placing and to leaving the premises and grounds in a clean and tidy condition. Persons hiring the premises will be held liable for any damage to buildings, furniture or other property that is caused due to this hiring, and a claim or repair or replacement of such buildings, furniture or other property will be made. Please report all damage in writing to the Worlington Parish Council. All or part of any deposit which may have been taken will also be forfeited.
23. Litter, rubbish and any waste must not be left in or about the premises and grounds; No perishable foods are to be left on the premises. If the premises are left in a condition where rubbish or litter needs to be cleared by staff, persons hiring the premises will be held liable to cover any costs. All or part of any deposit which may have been taken will also be forfeited.
24. The Worlington Parish Council do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for loss of personal belongings, money or articles of any description belonging to the hirer or any person attending the Village Hall. Cars and their contents are left at owners risk in the public car park. In all cases users of the Village Hall should avoid undue noise on arrival and departure.
25. No animals are allowed on the premises, except in the case of trained assistance dogs. The Worlington Parish Council must be informed before hand if any trained assistance dogs will be in the Village Hall.
26. All bookings must be made through the Worlington Parish Council.
27. It is the responsibility of the Hirers to ensure that all lights and electrical appliances are switched off and kitchen facilities are properly cleaned prior to vacating the premises.
28. The Hiring Agreement constitutes permission only to use the premises and confers no tenancy or other right of occupation on the Hirer.
29. The Hirer is responsible for all conditions of hire.
30. Hire charges for the Worlington Village Hall are detailed in the Worlington Village Hall Booking Terms document.
31. The Worlington Parish Council reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time at their discretion.
Premises License - Permitted Activities
• a performance of live music
• any playing of recorded music
• a performance of dance
• entertainment of a similar description to that falling within a performance of live music, any playing of recorded music or a performance of dance
• entertainment facilities for making music
• entertainment facilities for dancing
• entertainment of a similar description to that falling within entertainment facilities for making music or dancing
Permitted times for all the above are from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm